KAYAK and OpenTable are looking for a business-oriented, flexible Legal Counsel, APAC to help navigate the challenging and fun legal hurdles of travel and dining.
Based in either KAYAK’s Sydney or Hong Kong office, the Legal Counsel, APAC will be a key member of the KAYAK and OpenTable legal team and will provide legal support for a wide variety of corporate, compliance, and regulatory legal matters relevant to our business activities in the APAC region. We are looking for an attorney with great judgment, a strong work ethic, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work across two exciting companies in KAYAK and OpenTable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate international business contracts (including agreements with airline, hotel, restaurant, and online travel agency partners and affiliates, and agreements for digital advertising, technology licensing, and platform integrations)
- Review online products (in particular in APAC) as to legal compliance and advise the product development teams on risks and mitigation
- Coordinate with KAYAK and OpenTable legal team members on corporate governance and compliance activities relating to our companies in the APAC region
- Advise on marketing and advertising compliance and activities in the APAC region
- In coordination with the global privacy team, advise on data privacy issues in the APAC region
- Other matters in the areas of compliance, contracting, corporate governance, employment / labor, corporate policy implementation, investigations, litigation, etc.
- Legal education from an internationally-recognized law school
- Qualification to practice law in Hong Kong or Australia
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
- Law firm and in-house experience with a technology, e-commerce, or travel company preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate content in a convincing way to non-legal audiences
- Able to work independently but in coordination with the global legal team to support the business in meeting its corporate objectives in a compliant manner
- Experienced at navigating international and cross-functional organizational issues
- Mature judgment and gravitas with the ability to build relationships across the KAYAK and OpenTable organizations including among business units, senior management, and with other legal team members
- Professional who provides a good balance of risk taking and judgment and who has unquestionable integrity, credibility and character, displaying high moral and ethical behavior at all times
- Not afraid to perform legal research and provide advice on unfamiliar jurisdictions
• Fluency in English
• Proficiency in other East Asian languages, especially Mandarin Chinese or Korean, a plus
About KAYAK and OpenTable
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. We operate a portfolio of brands including KAYAK, HotelsCombined, SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, and Mundi that together process over two billion consumer queries annually. KAYAK operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 27 million diners per month via online bookings across over 48,000 restaurants. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands.
KAYAK and OpenTable are subsidiaries of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)