We are seeking a Cash/Collections Specialist who will be responsible for allocating and applying customer payments in a timely and accurate manner as well as evaluate customers' accounts and ensure timely payments are received. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong written & verbal communication skills, capable of working both independently and with a team, possess acute problem-solving skills, and demonstrate a high degree of professional persistence and drive.
• Ensure accurate and timely cash application for all European legal entity brands
• Research and solve payment discrepancies
• Manage and maintain Unapplied Cash accounts
• Ensure timely collections for the European brands
• Manage high risk customers to ensure they are not falling delinquent
• Take ownership of any issues and ensure an effective resolution is reached
• Contribute to an on-going review of all credit control procedures, identifying, developing and communicating improvements
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience with cash applicationand collections
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Commercial awareness with good influencing and negotiation skills, both with customers and within an organization (ability to work with remote team members)
• Team player with attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Foreign languages is a plus
• Accounting knowledge is a plus
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
5 weeks paid holiday
Day off on your birthday
No stupid meetings
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Regular team events/excursions