As Vice President of NA Marketing for KAYAK and OpenTable, you will lead a team charged with improving company growth (visits and revenue) through marketing activities. This highly visible role will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and collaborate with key internal and external partners to effectively conceive, plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns - on and offline. Drive thought leadership, develop engagement, and demand for four brands in North America: KAYAK, OpenTable, momondo and Cheapflights.
Confirmed expertise in demand generation, marketing communications, brand management, community growth, and content marketing aimed at establishing and extending market leadership are critical to this role.
In leading an extraordinary marketing team based in several different cities across the US, you are skilled at hiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent and managing high performing teams.
You are also a key member of KAYAK and OpenTable’s global marketing leadership team, whose aim is to build a premier marketing function and ensure strong cross-team collaboration, particularly with sales and product marketing and across regions.
As the Vice President of NA Marketing, you will:
- Partner closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and executive team, working closely to craft and execute offline and digital marketing strategy and creative brand building initiatives in North America.
- Develop and execute strategies that highlight the company’s transformative impact on the marketplace.
- Be responsible for implementing innovative messaging of KAYAK and OpenTable’s strategy and value proposition, both internally and externally with clients, influencers and customers
- Bringing significant awareness to the suite of our product’s capabilities, with a focus on communications and brand building, as well as growing demand
- Translate goals into effective integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for key product lines and customer segments that support the achievement of quarterly and annual goals
- Closely collaborate with Business Development/strategic partnerships and across marketing functions, to ensure the development and delivery of the most effective and efficient programs across our markets
- Build, inspire, and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined roles, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- Ensure the function scales through successful cross-collaboration and gains leverage, where possible, from what’s produced in other geographies
- Develop and manage marketing program budgets; measure and optimize marketing programs to ensure activities are effective, efficient, and deliver high return on investment
You have -
- 10-15 years professional experience
- 4-6 years in B2C consumer internet/digital marketing, preferably from e-commerce, at the Director or VP level
- 3+ years experience from creative agency side preferred
- Demonstrated executing a short and long term go-to-market strategy for the US market at a fast-growing company
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience in the ability to positively and creatively influence change and direction within professional environments
- Strong data analysis skills, comfortable analyzing campaign results, and working in financial models
- Experience leading multiple teams
Love Numbers – Data-driven decision making, analytical rigor, and a bias towards experimenting quickly and scaling the programs that produce results
Be Bold – Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact marketing program
Win as One – Track record of hiring and developing strong talent; “leads from the front”, with deep knowledge of operational details and a willingness to get hands dirty
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.