KAYAK is looking for a network engineer to join our network operations team. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter with experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting multi-vendor networks in a 24X7 SaaS environment. Additionally, the candidate will be interested in network automation using Python and Ansible. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to broaden their skills and open new horizons.
- 3+ years experience configuring and troubleshooting switches, routers and firewalls
- Strong linux skills (minimum of 3 years)
- Experience with network automation, specifically using Ansible
- Ability to document work and share knowledge with other team members
- Ability to collaborate with both internal and external teams
Specific Desired Skills
- Experience designing, troubleshooting, and running data center networks including L2 switching and L3 routing with OSPF and BGP
- Experience with Linux routing software such as FRR, BIRD, or equivalent
- Experience in automating network tasks using scripting or configuration management tools such as Ansible, Python, or similar
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Dell routers, switches, and security appliances
- Experience with operating OpenFlow networks and/or BigSwitch Cloud Fabric
- Experience with configuring and setting alert thresholds on monitoring tools
- Experience working in Amazon AWS
- Strong oral and written communication skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.