Ops intern will primarily be responsible for creating and maintaining the servers and processes to backup and restore our critical data systems.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Configuring storage hardware
- Writing puppet code
- Writing monitoring tools to ensure backups are successful
- Writing software and procedures to test restores of backups
- College Junior-level Computer Science or programming skills
- Understanding of Linux operating system configuration
- Some ruby or python experience
- Some puppet experience
Additional technical skills
- Server hardware
- RAID configurations
- Enthusiasm for code quality, rigor in testing.
- High energy, hungry to learn, not afraid to ask questions
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.