KAYAK is growing rapidly and seeks to hire an IT Support Engineer to bolster the IT Support team for a 6-month period. The ideal candidate will understand the basics of troubleshooting hardware and software. A friendly demeanor, great communication skills and a can-do attitude are very important to ensuring success.
The position will be based in Stamford, CT.
- IT on-boarding of new hires (account creation, laptop configuration)
- Deploy new software and hardware to our employees.
- Provide software and hardware support to our employees in office.
- Manage the helpdesk ticketing queue, resolving requests in a timely manner
- Configure and maintain Cisco meeting room Video Conference Systems
- Provide technical support for all large scale meetings
- Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
- Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause quickly while under duress.
- Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with fellow employees in a friendly manner; both in person and over the phone.
- Multi-tasker: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
- Understanding of Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
- Basic software troubleshooting, hardware troubleshooting and command line/terminal skills.
- Basic computer software, computer hardware and networking knowledge.
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.