The Senior Financial Analyst is a strategic, results-oriented, business leader responsible for timely, relevant, and accurate financial performance reporting. This individual will perform business, financial, and operational analysis to impact top-line and bottom-line results and to support senior management decision making. Daily tasks will include updating monthly reports and tracking performance against projections.
What you’ll do:
- Update financial models for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning and tracking reports: weekly utilization, weekly revenue tracking, profitability, additional ad hoc reports as necessary
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees, clients, and vendors.
- Work closely with Client teams by being their strategic financial business partner in properly developing, reviewing, and evaluating scopes of work, and pricing staff plans for Client engagements
- Support New Business pitches including developing remuneration proposals
- Analyze and track key KPIs across the business, including client profitability and staff utilization
- Seek and implement ways to improve, streamline, and automate processes
What you’re like:
- Team player, flexible and always willing to switch from project to project and help other team members
- Highly skilled, self-starter, confident in your abilities; not afraid to share opinions or new perspectives in the pursuit of excellence
- Strategic thinker, intrinsically curious about each task with a positive attitude in all that you do
- Able to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions with executive team members, clients, and other business stakeholders to ensure the integrity of company standards and operations
- Solution-oriented with an impeccable eye for detail
- Strong propensity for client-service
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense
What you’ve got:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a quantitative orientation such as finance, accounting, or economics; ideally, have or be working toward an MBA
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience, preferably in an Advertising/Marketing company or other ‘billable hours’ environment
- Experience in developing financial projections, budgets, and resource planning for a dynamic business
- Expert proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas, charts, etc. and common sense about which Excel format to use for optimal results
- Microsoft AX and Cognos experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Proven record of success working within tight deadlines across multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent project management abilities