Javelin enable’s it’s clients to deliver remarkable customer experiences, producing remarkable business outcomes. Our marketing clients understand that Marketing Data and Technology are key enablers of customer centric, data driven approaches to customer experience and marketing innovation. The Javelin Marketing Technology team develops and maintains solutions for our clients including customer data platforms, campaign management, campaign execution, and marketing analytics. The agile project management of these development projects is critical to our client success and Javelin’s business development and growth plans.
The Marketing Technology Project Manager (Junior) plays a critical supporting role to the greater team, ensuring the team isn’t overworked or interrupted, and achieving the Sprint objectives. There are times when the Junior Marketing Technology Project Manager plays the role of coach and educator for both internal and external clients.
What you’ll do:
You will work cross-functionally between agency teams, as well as internally, to help ensure project objectives are met on time and within budget. You will assist in leading a SCRUM team of developers, Product Owner and QA, help communicate the delivery of product features, and improve product adoption.
- Embody an intellectual curiosity around what data/marketing technology means by putting it into context of the client’s business and focusing on asking the next question.
- Be comfortable supporting multiple projects simultaneously, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, having strong problem-solving capabilities is a bonus.
- Exercise strong collaboration with others, providing support to your internal and extended team, sharing skills & expertise with team members, and constantly expanding your knowledge base.
- Wear many hats, between steering a team of developers, partnering with internal teams, client facing exposure, and diving in with a start-up mentality.
- Work closely with the Technical Project Management team to build out project plans, share best practices, help resolve project issues, coordinate to ensure staff is properly allocated to tasks, and support team with any other needs.
- Work with fast paced, forward-thinking brands who are constantly pushing the status quo in using data to drive marketing decisions.
- Partner with the Product Owner in the management of the Product Backlog and the continuous delivery of marketing platform features.
- Protect SCRUM team from outside distractions, impediments, to help maintain focus on the project road map.
- Support scheduling and coordinating releases for multiple projects.
- Be comfortable conducting platform training and demos to agency and outside audiences.
- Write documentation materials and release notes to circulate out to public.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Got:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis; relevant work experience with Agile/SCRUM.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Highly motivated, with attention to detail, integrity and comfort delivering excellent work in a fast paced, team oriented and highly accountable environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities. The ability to fully utilize copy and paste to your advantage.
- Great prioritizing, collaborative and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to provide constructive and unbiased feedback.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for solving business problems with data and technology solutions.
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.