We’re looking for an Art Director who lives and breathes design, typography, color theory and composition. This unique team is responsible for creating stunning visuals for both print and digital delivery within a business marketing platform for an innovative Fortune 50 account. In this position, you will develop stylistic business marketing solutions while working alongside agency team members and interfacing with senior-level clients.
As an Art Director on our team, you will translate marketing and brand strategies into comps that render beautifully in print and online. You’ll collaborate daily with the our creative team as well as developers, content strategists and clients to craft dynamic visual solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great agency team and work on a top brand!
What you’ll do:
- Effectively create layouts exhibiting strong typography and appropriate use of color that upholds our clients’ brand guidelines
- Communicate ideas clearly and effectively to clients and peers—visually, verbally and in writing
- Draw upon strong understanding of design principles to visualize, build and produce creative that lives across print and digital touchpoints in order to promote our clients’ business marketing solutions
- Maintain database of images, graphics and marketing material templates
What you’ve got:
- Ability to quickly absorb dynamic brand/strategy and apply to client templates and standards
- Experience developing a new approach to creative deliverables and applying deisgn elements across media
- Proactive nature - ability to think independently, then quickly dive in and problem solve alongside the team
- Remain flexible through multiple revisions while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Willingness to take and apply project feedback in order to execute against client direction appropriately
- Strong ability to professionally convey thoughts and ideas directly to external clients
What we need:
- 5+ years of professional design experience within a corporate environment or supporting a B2B account
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects
- Online Design portfolio encompassing digital and print work (ex: websites, landing pages, newsletters/emails, invitations, event/trade show collateral, digital display, brochures, white papers, one pager/sales sheets, presentation decks and animation)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid skills in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Experience designing and building files for both print and digital (to hand off for print production, email and website dev), and familiarity with responsive design
- Understanding of best practices in multimedia design
- Expertise designing and working on a Mac andproficiency in PowerPoint for presentation layout/design
- Degree from a four-year college or university with design concentration required
Wondering if you'll fit here? At Javelin we are:
- Curious: We want to know why. We ask questions. We look beyond the surface.
- Scrappy: We get our hands dirty. We prefer progress over perfection. Process never stands in the way of productivity.
- Creative: We express ourselves. We celebrate ideas. We look for new ways.
- Provocative: We challenge conventional wisdom. We reject the status quo. We embrace healthy tension.
- One: Ride or die. We're in this together.