Intercom is an AI-first customer service platform that helps businesses deliver better, faster, more personalized support.
Intercom is bringing AI-first Customer Service to the world, dramatically improving experiences for customers, support agents, and managers alike.Modern, fast, and easy-to-use, Intercom’s complete AI-first Customer Service Platform enhances the customer experience, improves operational efficiency, and scales with our customers’ business every step of the way. Intercom is also the most innovative and fastest improving product on the market. Shipping over 200 product improvements every year, Intercom is bringing AI features to market before anyone else.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager to join the Strategic Program Management team in San Francisco. This team is responsible for defining how to deliver and successfully execute our most strategic company objectives. You’ll partner with executive leadership to define and bring to life complex, large-scale programs of work across all teams and orgs at Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with company leadership to define programs of work that enable us to hit Intercom’s highest priority company objectives
- Define and prioritize initiatives as well as the roles and responsibilities needed to execute
- Draw out open questions and work cross functionally to drive resolution. Drive decision-making by identifying key stakeholders and surfacing the information needed to make critical decisions, often cross functionally
- Proactively identify program risks, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Put durable structures in place to set these complex, highly visible, cross-functional objectives up for success
- Partner with execs, VPs, directors, managers and individuals across all orgs to drive Intercom’s company objective’s successful execution
- Identify and track key objective milestones, ensuring progress and accountability - work with objective owners and other key stakeholders to keep program delivery on track
- Understand and communicate initiative status, issues, dependencies and risks to executives and other objective stakeholders
- Set best practices when it comes to how we work, and be able to communicate it clearly across all disciplines
- Live our company values and become a values role-model for the team and those you work with
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 7+ years of experience in program management focused on driving large, complex, cross-functional, multi-location programs or projects (preferably within SaaS B2B). Ideally you have direct experience working with product, GTM/marketing, design, and web leadership and teams
- You have experience working directly with Executive leadership, and are able to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership with gravitas
- You demonstrate a high degree of ownership and accountability, and are able to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- You have a strong business sense and can quickly understand risks/opportunities that will likely lead to a good outcome
- You are solutions oriented and proactive when it comes to taking action to solve problems and mitigate risks
- You have strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills and are comfortable and excited to work side-by-side with execs and company leaders
- You’re an excellent self-starter with a track record of seamless execution on complex programs with minimal guidance
- You are able to communicate effectively via various media and to different audiences, with experience preparing executive-level communications
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $139,400 - $188,600. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.