Intercom is an AI-first customer service platform that helps businesses deliver better, faster, more personalized support.
Intercom is bringing AI-first Customer Service to the world, dramatically improving experiences for customers, support agents, and managers alike.Modern, fast, and easy-to-use, Intercom’s complete AI-first Customer Service Platform enhances the customer experience, improves operational efficiency, and scales with our customers’ business every step of the way. Intercom is also the most innovative and fastest improving product on the market. Shipping over 200 product improvements every year, Intercom is bringing AI features to market before anyone else.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Customer Support team is responsible for educating and supporting our customers on a global level. Our job starts the moment a customer decides they want to use Intercom, sticking with them every step of the way to ensure they get the most value from our product.
This opportunity is for folks who truly love problem-solving and troubleshooting, with the end goal of empowering our customers’ to reach their objectives and address any challenges with our product. This is not a springboard into other areas or jobs at Intercom, but this is a great role for those who are looking to be part of our support team for a while and who are excited about growing alongside Intercom. We also want people that have an eye for improvement and efficiency, someone who wants to work at a place where they’re encouraged to bring ideas and feedback to the table on how things could be better for our team and/or our customers.
This position will be hybrid with the expectation to work from the office 2 days a week and work from home the remaining 3 days of the week. You are welcome to work from the office full-time if that is preferred.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Communicating efficiently and effectively with our customers - we use our own product to do most of our support, but you'll also be talking to customers on the phone every now and then.
- Owning customer communications and issues from initial contact until resolution
- Becoming an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Intercom works and what it is capable of
- Being the one responsible, along with the Support team, to ensure that all customers have a great experience with the product - a crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible
- Working directly with product teams to identify current issues and, synthesizing the diverse feedback you hear from our customers, offer informed opinions on potential solutions
What your first 6 months will look like:
30 days - Onboarding to Intercom and Customer Support: You’ll learn what it means to be an Intercomrade and the ins & outs of our product. You will learn the fundamentals to set you up for success and be talking to our customers alongside a dedicated mentor.
90 days - Helping customers & crushing KPIs: At this point you’ll be fully ready to jump in helping customers and tracking your performance based on our ambitious yet achievable Key Performance Indicators.
6 months - Broadening your impact on the team and your personal development: While supporting customers, you will also have the opportunity to get involved with CS teams and additional projects like social media support, bots & automation, quality assurance, internal support, and more!
What skills do I need? 📖
Remember that there’s no such thing as the perfect candidate or background, which is what makes us unique and successful! Imposter syndrome is common, but we’d love to hear from you. So please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t tick every box on this page!
- Solid understanding of tech fundamentals + modern day tools (Slack, Chrome, Coda, Guru, Asana, etc.)
- Strong customer focus (excels at + enjoys helping customers)
- Strong communication skills (ability to question, clarify, empathize, use appropriate tone + language, personable)
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think critically and learn on-the-fly)
- Ability to troubleshoot and utilize resources to answer questions on baseline topics
- Ability to take on + action feedback
- Excitement for a support environment that is constantly experimenting with workflows and automation to drive efficiency
- Demonstrated success working with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or other metrics/quotas
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Previous experience working in a troubleshooting environment
- 1-2 years of technical support experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.