Intercom is an AI-first customer service platform that helps businesses deliver better, faster, more personalized support.
Intercom is bringing AI-first Customer Service to the world, dramatically improving experiences for customers, support agents, and managers alike.Modern, fast, and easy-to-use, Intercom’s complete AI-first Customer Service Platform enhances the customer experience, improves operational efficiency, and scales with our customers’ business every step of the way. Intercom is also the most innovative and fastest improving product on the market. Shipping over 200 product improvements every year, Intercom is bringing AI features to market before anyone else.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is leading the creation of a next generation solution for the Customer Service category. This huge category has been relatively dormant for the last decade, but is now undergoing transformational change due to advancements in Messaging, Automation, and AI. Our product has been leading this transformation, and is now maturing to a point where we believe we can win the category, by continuing to innovate and mature the product, but also take our story to market in a way that inspires and educates businesses about a new and better way to support customers and create great customer experiences.
Our website forms a critical part of this strategy. It is the primary way people learn about Intercom, whether through exploration and return visits, going on to sign up by themselves, or getting in touch with our sales team to help. Our website is the public source of truth for our product, and what it can do to help solve our customer's problems. It is a cornerstone of our brand, and what we believe about the world. In an increasingly product led world, our website is becoming more and more important.
We are currently fundamentally rethinking, redesigning and rebuilding our website, and our goal is to lead the market, shipping new creative, innovative ways to tell our story and inspire visitors to try Intercom. We need a new Senior Product Manager to help us do this.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on what a website can be - focussed on the remarkable
- Partner with Web leader to build out the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to visitors as early as you can
- You will create and communicate roadmap and project status updates across the organisation and the business.
- Execute on product roadmap and product delivery work and align with cross functional teams to ensure world class delivery.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5 + years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful solutions
- You are a structured, logical thinker and communicator. You bring clarity to the complex, and can clearly communicate your thinking to bring wide shared understanding.
- You work with people to bridge the gaps across teams and offices and your communication skills are second to none. You have a track record of managing cross functional stakeholders and building alignment.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively, analytically, and executionally.
- You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc. You love bringing clarity and structure to a complex space
- You have experience working with both qualitative research, and quantitative data to inform decisions.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.