Intercom is an AI-first customer service platform that helps businesses deliver better, faster, more personalized support.
Intercom is bringing AI-first Customer Service to the world, dramatically improving experiences for customers, support agents, and managers alike.Modern, fast, and easy-to-use, Intercom’s complete AI-first Customer Service Platform enhances the customer experience, improves operational efficiency, and scales with our customers’ business every step of the way. Intercom is also the most innovative and fastest improving product on the market. Shipping over 200 product improvements every year, Intercom is bringing AI features to market before anyone else.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Director, Brand Marketing, you will lead a growing team of creative marketers to define the Intercom brand and tell the Intercom story globally. This role is about building brand awareness, resonance and relevance through the conception and execution of compelling integrated campaigns across all marketing channels. You’ll partner closely with Product Marketing and our in-house Brand Studio, as well as external agencies, to generate campaign strategies, messages and executions. Similarly, you’ll also partner with the Demand Gen team to execute those campaigns in the market and glean learning and insights from their performance.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and creative senior leader with a successful track record of building brands and campaigns that resonate with their target audiences. Reporting directly to the VP Brand, the Director Brand Marketing must have experience across brand strategy, integrated campaign execution, and media strategy.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Define the Brand Marketing strategy and execution, particularly around building awareness, fame and preference.
- Work with internal and external partners to develop integrated campaign media strategies.
- Collaborate with product marketing, content marketing, and demand generation teams to drive key campaigns.
- Work with Research and Data Science to identify useful and measurable KPIs of success.
- Act as an advocate for bold and creative thinking, constantly encouraging teams to go beyond the status quo
- Manage and lead an experienced global brand marketing team focused on delivering provocative and engaging messages to the market.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 10+ years of experience in brand marketing, at least half of which has been in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Understanding of SaaS business models and funnels, particularly those with self-serve engines
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary marketing teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving integrated brand awareness campaigns
- A proven track record in creating innovative and targeted brand campaigns and programs that generate measurable results.
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social
- A passion for startup culture and the opportunities AI will bring the technology scene
- Proven ability to strategically plan, create and implement marketing plans and brand creative briefs.
- Experience with helping to develop campaign measurement metrics.
- Experience working with C-suite leadership and managing executive communications.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple internal teams to achieve brand objectives.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $206,700 - $279,600. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.