Intercom is an AI-first customer service platform that helps businesses deliver better, faster, more personalized support.
Intercom is bringing AI-first Customer Service to the world, dramatically improving experiences for customers, support agents, and managers alike.Modern, fast, and easy-to-use, Intercom’s complete AI-first Customer Service Platform enhances the customer experience, improves operational efficiency, and scales with our customers’ business every step of the way. Intercom is also the most innovative and fastest improving product on the market. Shipping over 200 product improvements every year, Intercom is bringing AI features to market before anyone else.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Intercom Creative Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Motion Designer who can push the brand forward through the execution of motion design and editing work to produce a variety of explainer videos, product animations, customer stories, campaign work, interactive elements, and more. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Creative Studio, you'll work alongside Designers, Producers, Writers, as well as Product Marketers to build the foundation and execution of how our product and brand come to life through motion.
This motion focused role sits within the Creative Studio, our San Francisco-based team which works on projects that span digital, print, environmental, physical goods, and everything in between. We believe our best work is ahead of us (through collaboration with you!).
The team has spent the last couple years building our product animation library, and now we’re ready to build a more systematic foundation to expand on. The ideal candidate has the right balance of technical know-how, is driven, a self-starter, and has a passion for motion graphics, animation, video editing, sound design, and is excited by the idea of being part of bringing to life a world class brand.
Our small but growing in-house team is home to a diverse group of creatives with a broad range of experience, backgrounds and talents. We’re constantly looking for ways to make our day-to-day work feel fresh and meaningful, and we deeply value the health and wellness of each member of the team.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Produce high detail product animations using After Effects and Lottie.
- Create visually compelling, thoughtful, on-brand videos to be used in various channels and applications.
- Bring concepts to hifi through detail oriented design, storyboarding, and animation, while utilizing the brand system and gathering feedback in collaboration with Designers, Writers, Product, or Product Marketers.
- Maintain, challenge, and iterate on our motion principals, guidelines and processes.
- Push for innovative brand-motion work that delights our customers and meets company objectives.
- Consistently QA existing and past examples of motion.
- Push the brand forward with fresh ideas across immersive experiences.
- Look for and document changes in standards, trends, and high quality examples of world-class brand motion work.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4-8 years of motion/video/editing experience
- Ability to confidently scope and produce product animations/video from concept to pixel-perfect execution
- Strong conceptual design skills - someone who is also very proficient with motion design, typography, color theory, illustration, photography, and layout
- Passion for modern branding
- Core graphic design abilities include the ability to craft a story as well as have the production level know-how to cut and deliver assets.
- Detail-oriented, strategic and systems-level thinking.
- Clear, honest, and respectful communication skills; ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Adobe CC, After-Effects, and Figma experience required.
- Ability to generate creative solutions that align with business goals.
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity.
- A motion portfolio that demonstrates product, branding, communication design experience.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $151,000 - $205,000. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.