Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What is the opportunity? 🤔
The Analytics Operations team scales analytical work and data science solutions that empower Intercom to make data-informed decisions. We are looking for a senior business systems analyst with a passion for solving complex and foundational challenges to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work with key business and product leads, analysts, and data scientists to understand the domain and how data can empower them. You will collaborate with data engineers to develop data platforms and solutions that efficiently expand the impact of data science at Intercom. You are passionate about the quality of the data you produce and take pride in having your data drive our business. If you are a diverse, business-savvy, product-minded, and technically-capable person with SQL expertise who enjoys figuring out complex systems and producing scalable data models, we would love to talk with you.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Set company-wide standards for data quality and collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and go-to-market teams to ensure that contributions to the data warehouse are up to par
- Design and produce efficient and scalable data entity models and transformations that unify and complete key analytical data assets
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in defining and documenting company-wide single sources of truth to ensure consistent and high-quality data
- Simplify and improve data collection and reporting processes to automate manual workflows and eliminate manual dependencies
- Define and develop curated analytical data assets with standardized metrics and definitions to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Manage a portfolio of analytics tools and platforms that empower data scientists, product managers, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers at Intercom
- Reconcile data issues and alerts between various systems, finding opportunities to innovate and drive improvements
What background do I need? 📖
- You write advanced SQL with a preference for well-architected data models, optimized query performance, and clearly documented code
- You thrive as the analytics subject matter expert and continuously seek to learn and master new tools and complex systems
- You expedite projects forward, favoring rapid and incremental development in parallel with problem-solving short-term obstacles
- You view a messy codebase as an opportunity to build something simpler, better, and more impactful for business stakeholders
- You exhibit great judgement and sharp business and product instincts that allow you to differentiate essential versus nice-to-have and to make good choices about trade-offs
- You practice great communication skills and you tailor explanations of technical concepts to a variety of audiences
Nice to haves 🙌
- Work in Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization / business intelligence platform
- Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, Segment, or Zuora
- Exposure to Apache Airflow or other DAG frameworks — we use Airflow to orchestrate and schedule all of our data workflows and transformations
- Familiarity of Python — the majority of our ETL codebase is Python so the more you know, the quicker you will be able to get started
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.