Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to help us maintain and evolve our Android apps and our foundational Android Messenger SDK. In this role you’ll split your time between building new features, maintaining and evolving our existing mobile features. This is an opportunity to build product directly and have impact across a bunch of our product teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Implementing new product features on our Android app and Messenger.
- Maintaining and evolving the Messenger SDKs that are embedded in thousands of our customers’ apps.
- Develop technical plans and contributing to our technical architecture as we grow.
- Work with others to plan, estimate and execute projects.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years experience building mobile products on Android.
- Knowledge of Java or Kotlin, Android APIs and design patterns.
- You’ve published one or more apps in the Play Store.
- Some experience building SDKs for embedding in customer apps would be a bonus.
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and the ability to deliver value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams.
About Android @ Intercom 📱
- Our Android Messenger SDK is integrated in thousands of Android apps.
- The Intercom Conversations app is used by tens of thousands of our customers every month.
- We’ve got a great CI setup with extensive unit test coverage using JUnit and Robolectric and UI tests with Espresso and Firebase.
- We ship new updates to the SDK every week.
- Join us and change any of the above — we believe in using the right tool for the job and avoiding dogma.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas