Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom’s mission is to make internet business personal. We have an ambitious vision of bringing a Messenger-first experience to all business-to-consumer communication. In order to achieve this, we are expanding our engineering leadership team in Dublin.
This opportunity is to join Intercom as a senior member of our engineering team and as a technical leader in our global R&D organisation.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with engineering, product and design leaders to define a vision, strategy and roadmap for your team
- Work autonomously on critical, strategic problems on your team’s roadmap, driving execution toward simple, effective solutions. At Intercom, Engineering Managers are empowered to set their teams up for success how they best see fit
- Enable your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability. Build your own opinions of how teams can be successful in Intercom, sharing your learnings and empowering those around you
- Teach, mentor, coach and be a role model to other engineers and engineering managers. Develop and support engineers in their personal growth and career progression, creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture
- Contribute to our Engineering Programs. At Intercom we run org-wide programs to drive growth across a wide array of initiatives, from “Technical Strategy” and “Organisational Excellence” to “Diversity & Inclusion” and “Growth & Recognition” - you will help shape our engineering culture and evolve our ways of working
What skills do I need? 📖
- Demonstrated impact in a similar team leadership role
- The ability to collaboratively lead the evolution of your team’s strategy, setting unambiguous roadmaps and goals for the team
- The ability to lead your team to deliver on its roadmap in a predictable and sustainable, healthy way
- Experience building an inclusive, collaborative and high-performing team culture
- Experience developing and supporting engineers in their personal growth and career progression
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- The ability to be clear and concise in communication
Working at Intercom
Our culture is open, friendly, and inclusive - and this is something we are proud of. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and simple in everything we do. We want to help people grow and do the best work of their career and we want everybody to work with co-workers who value kindness, optimism, and positivity.
We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on high potential engineers on rapid trajectories. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology like machine learning in a pragmatic way.
Help us build a world-changing product, a long-lasting company and the most effective R&D team possible. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work and we need experienced engineering managers to help us grow.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.