WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to gain practical work experience in the food industry while being assigned a specific project(s) pertaining to the food industry or working with personnel within the assigned region. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
This position will extend from June until August and will work on-site at Dairy and Food Customers. Typical hours will include 8-4 pm but require flexibility for off shift hours.
As a Technical Sales and Service Intern, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide a thorough, timely analysis for assigned daily, weekly or monthly projects/tasks that relate to the intern’s area of study.
- Perform CIP validations at various food and dairy customer facilities.
- Through sufficient and appropriate training, including the training schedule, training materials and learning objectives, complete a “weekly log” (template provided) of training activities during each week of the internship.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality and uphold the professional culture of Hydrite.
- Perform all relevant duties as outlined by your supervisor and all other duties to be assigned.
- Complete a thorough report at the conclusion of the internship program to include a summary of all training projects assigned, learning objectives completed (and those not completed) and how the internship can prepare the intern for a career in the industry. Intern should be prepared to demonstrate their accomplishments in front of Hydrite management at the conclusion of the internship.
- This position reports to the Area Manager and works closely with other food group members and external customers.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Currently enrolled in accredited university in pursuit of a Bachelor of Science degree. Chemistry, Food Science, Dairy Manufacturing or Engineering preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word and Excel required.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Good presentation skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm