Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to support plant operations by improving existing production processes and introducing new production processes. Also perform project engineering activities including the design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
As Process/Project Engineer, primary responsibilities include:
- Promote safety in all aspects of operations to improve the safety record at this facility and throughout the company; includes work performed by contractors.
- Promote the production of products that meet or exceed customer expectations, e.g., through participation in audits and investigations.
- Support daily production activities by monitoring process performance, trouble-shooting problems, and, as needed, implementing corrective actions.
- Execute activities to implement new chemical-processing and materials-handling processes.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures.
- Support Sales and Marketing activities and provide technical assistance through interfaces with customers.
- Perform project-engineering activities as directed by the Engineering Manager; including project management of these activities. Project-Engineering activities include the design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and start-up of new processing equipment.
- Utilize project-management skills and tools to efficiently perform duties, e.g., define project schedules, conduct project-review meetings, publish associated meeting minutes, and document project financial status.
- Execute improvement projects within financial, time, and quality constraints.
- Provide concise, accurate, and timely information to plant and senior management as requested or as required. At a minimum, provide written status reports on assignments on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the investigation and corrective actions efforts for your assigned manufacturing processes.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer to have additional education in Project Management.
- Five years of Process-Engineering and/or Project Engineering experience in chemical-processing industry preferred.
- Must have two years of experience interfacing with contractors.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required. Proficiency in AutoCAD and pipeline-sizing programs preferred.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.hydrite.com/Legal/Privacy-Notice-for-Employees.htm