WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of Programmer Analyst is to provide programming leadership and support for application systems development and maintenance projects, with a commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction. Design, implement and maintain application systems. Provide a general knowledge of the user function and work with the users and more experienced I/S personnel to develop systems solutions for difficult business problems. Duties include project leadership on a limited basis, technical design, programming and testing..
- Provide a general functional knowledge, working systems design knowledge, and project leadership for small application systems projects.
- Provide a thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development, including data base managers and computer architecture, and a thorough knowledge of the programming languages.
- Provide programming and technical design task estimates and contribute to project planning activities.
- Perform all activities and responsibilities with an emphasis on quality, focused on the internal or external customer needs, and completing assignments in a timely manner according to the agreed upon schedule.
- Assume a leadership role in systems design decisions relative to functionality, architecture and data bases for small or less complex information systems.
- Assist in the definition of user requirements and in the development of functional specifications. Develop high level technical specifications and detail program specifications.
- Code and test complex applications programs.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all common application development software in use by the organization.
- Assist in developing standards and programming techniques, and follow all agreed upon procedures.
- Resolve technical problems affecting production systems and implement production recoveries.
- Monitor assigned purchased application software packages for upgrades, corrections and new releases. Ensure that the most technically and functionally appropriate version is installed.
- Provide off-hours on-call programming support on a rotating basis.
- This position reports to the Senior Manager of Applications Delivery.
- Project assignments require a team approach within Information Technology, with cross-functional interaction with management and system users from all Hydrite departments
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but associate's degree or equivalent technical experience ok. Preferably Information Systems-related.
- 2+ years of systems development experience.
- IBM iSeries platform experience.
- Demonstrated use of Structured Design & Programming methodologies.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Experience developing software in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), such as Eclipse, Visual Studio or Computer Associates 2E.
- Experience developing in RPG for iSeries platform
- Experience with ERP software packages such as PRISM, JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Manufacturing or Distribution industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Must be able to sit for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute and operate a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers