Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the transportation personnel, process and equipment to attain 100% customer satisfaction. This includes dispatching drivers, equipment maintenance and regulatory compliance as well as training and supervising the Logistics Coordinator and drivers. Primary responsibilities include:
- Train, coach, mentor and supervise the activities of the Logistics Coordinator and drivers in performance of the job responsibilities.
- Develop and implement logistics plans in collaboration with branch buyer, production and customer service to ensure timely and efficient delivery of products to our customers by the effective dispatching of our drivers.
- Assist in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Manage the drivers ensuring compliance with training, DOT physicals and Electronic Logging Devices (ELD’s).
- Manage transportation planning of loads including contacting carriers for pick-up of freight, using TMS when applicable.
- Manage private and leased fleet of tractors and trailers, including maintenance and inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining the condition and operability of our fleet equipment by working with Maintenance and outside suppliers as necessary. Utilizing Maximo as appropriate for compliance maintenance scheduling.
- Create Work Orders in Maximo as required; report completed inspections and schedules.
- Guide employee performance and development through mentoring and the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- This position reports to the Regional Transportation Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Transportation, Logistics, Business Management or related field or high school diploma with several years of relevant work experience required.
- At least 5 years work experience in warehouse/transportation operations required.
- Must be able to consistently organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must have good (analytical) problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English and to motivate and mentor others.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers