Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to prioritize, plan and schedule, and ensure completion of, requested and preventative maintenance work orders. This position assigns the daily activities of the maintenance mechanics and coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor as needed for larger scale repairs and projects. This position assigns the daily activities of the maintenance mechanics and contractors. When necessary the scheduler coordinates with the Maintenance Manager as needed for larger scale repairs and projects. Through planning and scheduling work, help maintain the correct levels of inventory needed to complete the work within the schedule. This position must also maintain full compliance with applicable safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Plan and schedule preventative and failure maintenance work orders, balancing workload among mechanics and effectively utilizing maintenance skills and abilities.
- Coordinates with management on maintenance repairs when bringing in outside contractors to do the work.
- Prioritize failure maintenance to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure regulatory work orders are completed and documented as required.
- Coordinate with production to schedule equipment repairs based on production schedule.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all the documentation is kept current in Maximo.
- Facilitate communication between production and maintenance regarding PMs and repairs, priorities, and Maximo training as needed.
- Serve as the facility’s Maximo super user, responsible for multiple Maximo administrative roles and implementation of the software.
- Optimize PM and repair plans by utilizing feedback from mechanics and failure data.
- Improve the asset management system (Maximo) to its fullest capabilities including Preventative Maintenance, Planning, Safety Plans, the spare parts inventory, reporting capabilities for failure analysis.
- Evaluate the ability for maintenance to handle small projects and coordinate projects as requested.
- Analyze data from Maximo to determine opportunities to improve reliability. Provide information to Maintenance Engineer.
- Ensure all mechanics stay in compliance with required training.
- Daily interaction with mechanics to determine how work is going and adjusting the schedule and labor as necessary.
- Hold maintenance mechanics accountable for completing work orders on time and escalating performance gaps to Maintenance Manager.
- Manage contractors when they are on-site
- Write purchase orders for contractor work orders
- Coordinate contractor work with operations
- Determine when contractors should be used for expense work vs maintenance mechanics.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of Education in maintenance and/or engineering field is a required.
- Prior experience in coordinating maintenance projects.
- Prior experience with maintenance software programs, preferably Maximo.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read and draw mechanical drawings or diagrams.
- Ability to learn and understand different production/technological processes and equipment.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. on occasion; ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet on occasion.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Production or Warehouse Supervisor
4. Customer Service
5. Production Scheduler
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers