Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance to Hydrite and its customers. This is accomplished by new product development and/or improved analytical services, field support, instructional courses, and product application information.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Conduct research, competitive analysis, formulation of new products, and comparative performance analysis.
- Provide technical support to Sales, customer, Operations, SQRA, and Purchasing.
- Along with sales, observe and survey product opportunities at customer locations, as well as provide technical expertise.
- Provide all necessary information for the development of product masters.
- Develop QC procedures for new products and assist QC when problems occur.
- Practice good laboratory safety techniques.
- Complete lab requests as assigned.
- Sample preparation.
- Provide continuous improvement through product and process evaluation to improve product performance.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation in good running order.
- Strive for continual improvement by acquiring knowledge in related fields.
- Backup for Specification Control.
- Complete Raw Material Evaluations.
- Perform Quality / Process Improvement Studies.
- Works with all departments within the plant including production, warehouse, customer service, and branch buyer.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Director of Technology
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s or degree or equivalent is required. Preferably in chemistry, technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional laboratory or plant experience.
- Must possess problem solving skills, be self-motivated, and initiate continuous improvement.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically in the pilot lab.
- Required to climb stairs or ladders several times a day.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our success. The list below includes other positions that a person who has successfully mastered this role could potentially move into and/or other responsibilities this role could eventually take on:
- Lab Manager
- Technical Manager
- Sales/Business Development
- Technical Sales
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers