Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance to Hydrite and its customers. This is accomplished by providing testing, basic data analysis, and technical support to project teams and senior members of the Technology Group.
- Upholds Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Provides technical support to members of the Technology Group through testing, data gathering and processing, sample preparation, and basic statistical analysis.
- Completes lab requests as assigned, including raw material evaluations.
- Prepares samples for customers and field trials.
- Documents all lab work thoroughly in laboratory notebook.
- Prepares reports summarizing laboratory work and findings.
- Provides all necessary information for the development of product masters.
- Provides continuous improvement through product and process evaluation.
- Practices safe laboratory techniques.
- Performs all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participates in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation in good working order.
- Strives for continual improvement by acquiring knowledge in related fields.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Technology Group.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports to a senior level Chemist, Technical Manager, or Director of Technology.
- This role has no managerial responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s or degree or equivalent in a science-related field is required.
- Must possess problem solving skills, be self-motivated, and initiate continuous improvement.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically in the pilot lab.
- Required to climb stairs or ladders several times a day.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours at a time.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our success. The list below includes other positions that a person who has successfully mastered this role could potentially move into and/or other responsibilities this role could eventually take on:
- Lab Manager
- Technical Manager
- Sales/Business Development
- Technical Sales
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers