Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to help manage environmental, health and safety compliance in the Lubbock, TX location of Hydrite Chemical.
- Work with plant personnel and contractors on site to ensure Hydrite safety policies/SOPs/programs are implemented and practiced.
- Perform safety audits, job safety analysis, process inspections and implement changes from findings/corrective actions.
- Investigate incidents and near misses including injuries, property damage, and chemical releases to determine root cause and provide corrective actions. Provide follow up on corrective actions to facilitate timely completion/closure of incident/near miss files.
- Assist with chemical disposal and profiling at each facility as required.
- Coordinate wastewater monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in preparation of safety committee meetings including note taking, action item lists, plant communications, and applicable follow up.
- Communicate facility safety, health and environmental issues to site personnel.
- Help coordinate medical evaluations for new and existing employees including wearing respirators and hearing evaluations.
- Lead employee training, including First Aid, as required and ensure the company policies related to training are followed and conduct all required training as scheduled.
- Participate in facility audits requested or required by internal or external sources, such as internal audit, external insurance carriers, governmental agencies, customers or suppliers.
- Maintain PPE and safety equipment stock levels in facility. Review PPE certifications as required.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
This position reports to the Safety and Health Manager and works directly with the local Operations Director.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Safety or Natural Sciences required.
- One to three years chemical experience with manufacturing background required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and management.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to adjust and set priorities as needed.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be self-motivated and initiate continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Ability to sit and/or stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 30 feet in height up to 10 times daily.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Abiity to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers