Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
This position executes and supports Field Service equipment activities for Hydrite Chemical’s Food Group. These activities include understanding a customer (or prospect) process, to be aligned to Greenfield installs, upgrades, preventative maintenance, as well as being a technical resource and proficient in system design, program configuration and next generation ideation.
- Uphold Hydrite Chemical’s Mission and Vision Statements through internal and customer centrism.
- Quote and specify project, preventative maintenance and service requests, assigned by the Field Process Manager. This work generally includes installation, commissioning, startup support or task outside the primary responsibilities of Field Service. NOTE: Post start up support is likely as confirmation a project is complete.
- Study industry trends and be engaged in understanding what our competition is focusing on, specific to practices, procedures and concepts.
- Be an acting OEM and Vendor liaison.
- Conduct industry appropriate training for our customers and Field Service staff, yet not inclusive to systems, best practices or industry knowledge. A focus should be placed on layers of troubleshooting and repair.
- Participate in plant surveys to identify and quantify customer, prospect and Field Service needs.
- Manage own project list.
- Support effective communication in all Hydrite Chemical business units, particularly where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the Food Group and those customers whom we support.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with their acting Manager.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- This position reports to the Field Process Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- 3-5 years related field experience
- Skill or experience in the following areas are desired:
- Identifying and writing project scopes.
- Specifying equipment.
- Partnering on equipment implementation and installation.
- Starting up of field devices.
- Provide internal and customer training.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Position requires extensive travel and frequent overnight stays.
- Driving or riding in an auto, or aircraft, from 3 to 6 hours at a time.
- Standing for extended periods of 3 to 4 hours.
- Frequent 12 to 16 hour workdays may be required because of travel and customer commitments.
- Frequent lifting of 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Frequent turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you’ve successfully mastered your role.
- Technology Manager
Business Development Manager
And many others!
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers