We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
IT at Hudl is in constant evolution and looking for improvements in all areas of our operations. This role is no different and will help to improve upon our mobile device management (MDM) platform and the processes we have in place, to bring it to the next level. Along with MDM, the Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for inventory management and logistics of all devices globally. This can be difficult at times, but it is a vital function to keeping our employees with the latest technology while balancing costs and the speed at which we need it.
As a Sr. System Administrator, you will also be responsible for the deprovisioning side of our identity access management processes and work alongside others to find ways to streamline this workflow. You will work alongside the rest of IT in order to support all complex systems globally; including Active Directory, Okta, servers, storage and even meeting room equipment located in our Hudl offices throughout the world.
Finally, with our global office footprint, there will be times we need to get people onsite for new office build outs or the occasional site visit to document the systems and inventory on site. This role requires someone to work out of the Lincoln, NE Headquarters office at least some of the time. Full-time remote work is not an option for this position.
- Experienced. You’ve spent several years managing a fleet of mobile devices and laptops, preferably on a global scale. You are also proficient in Office 365 and/or Google Apps suite and have experience deprovisioning users.
- Thorough. Able to clearly and completely document work done, along with keeping global system inventories up-to-date.
- Knowledgeable. Willing to learn new systems to the point of being an expert, but able to articulate to others that are not technical, in order to not just solve their technical problems but to show them how to solve them on their own.
- Efficient. Willing to juggle multiple projects at the same time, while remaining focused on being detail oriented.
- Excited. Eager to take on new challenges and find creative solutions to the problems that may arise.
- Administer identity offboarding process. Be responsible for the efficient deactivation of user accounts and systems globally, and making sure the processes are followed on a timely basis, while updating them in order to improve upon the workflow.
- Provide world class support. A go-to for a global team and other system administrators.
- Work collaboratively. Work alongside your peers and others at Hudl, to solve problems that come up with complex systems.
- Own global device management. Own our mobile device and asset management systems in order to maintain our global fleet of devices and continue to evolve these in order to keep systems documented, updated, secured and running as reliably as possible for our global workforce.
- Continually develop skills. Always learning new systems and technology in order to find ways to reduce time or spend in IT.
- Implement improvements. Look to find ways to make processes, systems and services as efficient as possible for complex systems.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.