Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stats tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software provides the insight that over 5 million coaches and athletes need to help them win.
We're looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Product Team. At Hudl we always aim to stay on the cutting edge of technology and we want you to have the same mindset. One of the key projects our Infrastructure Engineers are working on right now is building our next generation microservices platform-as-a-service which will replace our current Windows and .Net Framework based platform. Docker and .Net Core on Linux are key new building blocks used in this effort along with many AWS services. The overall goal is to enable our Product Team to develop our customer facing product more efficiently.
- Believe automation is the key to happy servers and happy teams. For us that means a combination of Chef, Python and PowerShell. We run a mix of Windows and Linux machines, though we’re moving towards .NET Core so our future is in Linux.
- Have experience building and operating complex systems. We operate thousands of production servers in AWS. When our services fail it gets noticed by tens of thousands of customers. Our company is highly distributed and empowered to make decisions independently, so we need solutions that don’t rely on red tape.
- Know when to write code and when to write a script – and you’re comfortable doing both. One day you’ll be investigating a bottleneck in MongoDB or RabbitMQ and the next you may be extending a webapp or ChatOps tools to empower developers to solve problems.
- Believe in sharing your experiences and want to teach those around you see your work as craft. We rely on a lot of open source, so contributing our own projects or extending existing FOSS is encouraged.
- You take pride in your code and you want an environment that nurtures good works.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans allow you and your family to sleep soundly.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices, and lunch once a week in our Boston and London offices.