We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
Hudl is changing the future of sports technology, our mission is to capture and bring value to every moment in sports.
We build video analytics platforms and hardware products for teams around the world, at every level of the sporting world. Our software provides six million coaches and players the insights they need to win. To help our users, we need an automation focused QA Engineer, who will work with a small cross-functional team (PM, Engineers, Designer) to build a quality product.
We are using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focuses on the Gherkin language and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA Engineers test like our users, write automation, evaluate root causes, know the difference between testing and quality and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing to achieve higher quality outcomes.
We work in a Teams and Squads model and follow Scrum. You will be joining one of our cross-functional product teams in London, working predominantly on performance analysis tools (e.g. Hudl Sportscode) used by elite teams around the world (e.g. Premier League, Bundesliga, NBA, AFL).
As the world’s best sports teams start a match, your work will have impacted their preparation, change how they make in-game decisions and help them assess their post-match performance.
Our environment here at Hudl is tech/product orientated first and foremost. We have a values based culture that places an importance on autonomy and creating a relaxed ‘nice’ place to work. Our management style is based on coaching to ensure you have the tools and a pathway to succeed.
Hudl has a flexible location policy. Once we can safely return to our offices, we'll leave it up to you to decide where you want to work: our London HQ, our Leeds office or remotely within the U.K.
- Technical. You have experience implementing service and UI level automation
- Naturally Curious. You discover edge scenarios and are constantly digging in to learn more about features and use cases.
- Constantly Learning. You are passionate about learning and are hungry for new ideas.
- User-Focused. You think critically about the user experience and adapt your testing to user workflows.
- Quality Focused. You promote and maintain a high standard of quality beyond testing.
- Risk Aware. You can evaluate risk and design a testing approach to mitigate risk to ensure adequate coverage.
- Eager. Keen to work alongside senior Engineers and learn from them.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, following Scrum methodology.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create testing approach and plans.
- Evaluate. You will evaluate the root cause of issues and recommend corrective action to address it.
- Automate. You will use your skills to assess what to automate and design service and UI layer automation to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, evaluate trends and deploy code on a frequent basis.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.