We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Business Operations team. Their mission is to provide the best processes and systems so everyone at Hudl can do their job and the business can scale efficiently. That means all of Hudl’s employees are your users! As a designer, you’ll work closely with our global team and be able to visibly see the impact of the solutions you design on a daily basis.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience designing web applications in agile teams. You are a business-oriented designer interested in learning and applying service design skills. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You will foster cross-functional and cross product area collaboration. You will work to integrate user insights into the product strategy and design. You will always advocate for user experience, customer journeys and design excellence.
You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across the business—including representatives from Revenue Operations, Finance, People Operations, Product Management, Service Design, Information Architecture, Content Design, Engineering and more—to identify and clearly articulate existing processes, uncover user problems, brainstorm solutions, and take a service-first approach to designing the solution and future.
- Passionate about identifying and solving real business problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders, working across multiple product areas
- An advocate for the inclusion of diverse perspectives to inspire user experiences
- A strong researcher and usability tester
- Able to transform insights from user research into journey maps, diagrams, workflows, and blueprints
- Experienced in designing, building and directing both the visual and interaction design of projects
- A natural storyteller and present your work with confidence
- Able to consistently demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and set an example of delivering impactful experiences for customers
- Collaborative and build trust with your partners and teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you have a big-picture view and can align teams to get there\
- Able to choose the best medium and fidelity to convey your ideas at each stage of a project (not every project goes paper sketches, Figma, Miro)
- Not afraid to ship small, quick experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and opinions
- Equally as proud of your organization tools (docs, spreadsheets) as you are your best pieces of design work
- Excel in giving and receiving respectfully blunt feedback and critique.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for the product.
- Closely scrutinize processes with the goal of improving continually over time to better support customers.
- Excel as a designer on a squad thinking holistically about the Hudl Focus product and deeply about individual features and workflows
- Confidently articulate your design strategy and solutions to stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Lead user research and testing using appropriate qualitative & quantitative methods—you can lean on Hudl’s millions of quantitative data points before leaping into qualitative research.
- Stay laser-focused on the user experience and have a willingness to question the status quo.
- Understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every product decision.
- Work in a close partnership with a product manager, service designer, and information architect.
- Know how and when to tactfully say, “No."
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.