Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
To help teams and athletes win, we need a Sr. Manager, Data Analytics. They will be a leader within the Decision Science team and works to develop our data analysts while still contributing to deliver powerful insights to business leaders.
Hudl's Decision Science team helps other internal Hudl teams make better, data-driven decisions. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to understand user behavior over time or running data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals.
Here are some projects that we're working on:
- Building a predictive model to determine the likelihood that a customer will renew their subscription with Hudl
- Designing and building database schemas to support point-and-click analytics and visualizations in Looker for our employees to use
- Crunching numbers to guide product development of features that will drive engagement and pull more users into the Hudl platform
- Helping teams to commercialize on data by feeding it back into the product
- You are currently managing data analyst--a technical, hands-on leader who excels at your craft while leading and mentoring other analysts
- You have exceptional analytical skills and have worked on multiple enterprise-level projects simultaneously
- You love data and believe that data is a strategic asset that helps drive a company’s success
- You enjoy partnering with business areas to make highly impactful decisions using data
- You champion stakeholder needs and have an intuitive grasp of business problems
- You have strong industry experiences, big ideas, and strive to be a thought leader in our field
- You are relentless about finding opportunities for the team to pursue so we can achieve high ROI outcomes
- You have a strong grasp of analytics, data science, and modeling frameworks and challenges
- Foster a data culture at Hudl, build and execute on a roadmap for democratizing data, ramp up self service, and contribute to a vision and strategy for how we can leverage analytics and expand the impact of data
- Focus and guide the team’s efforts on the business outcomes with the highest value
- Increase capacity by growing the team’s capabilities, skill sets, and mindsets
- Lead the practice of analytics at Hudl by leveling up our knowledge and use of foundational tooling, workflows, systems, and standards so we can deliver more outcomes faster
- Partner with business areas across the enterprise to define performance measures, deliver actionable insights, and enable high-quality, data-driven decisions
- Take ownership for data products by driving forward initiatives to improve data value, quality, and governance
- Lead the delivery of reports and insights on business functions and key performance metrics using both descriptive and predictive analytics
- Manage the design, development, and ongoing performance of data models, driving their rollout to partners throughout the organization to impact strategy and business outcomes
- Recruit and retain data scientists and analysts to scale our analytics practice. Inspire team members to hit short-term targets and lead them in planning for long-term growth
- 7+ years of experience querying and organizing large, complex databases
- 5+ years of experience managing, leading, and growing data, analytics or business intelligence teams and initiatives, with the primary goal of creating innovative solutions to business problems
- Solid understanding of data modeling and dataops (workflow, tooling, processes, frameworks)
- Business savvy, a talent for communication, and success leading interdisciplinary teams
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to apply software engineering principles to refactor SQL codebases with complicated joins, subqueries, and business logic
- Programming experience with Python, R, and continuous integration tools
- Ability to develop visualizations that demonstrate clear business outcomes
- Knowledge of and experience tuning statistical and machine learning models, A/B testing, and analyzing data for trends and forecasts
- Experience transforming statistical results into actionable business insights
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.