Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
To help teams and athletes win, we need a Data Analytics Manager. The Data Analytics Manager is a leader within the Decision Science team and works to develop our data analysts while still contributing to deliver powerful insights to business leaders.
Hudl's Decision Science team serves other internal Hudl teams and helps leaders make better (data-driven) decisions. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to better understand user behavior over time or run data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals.
Here's a handful of examples of projects we're working on:
- Building a predictive model to determine the likelihood that a customer will renew their subscription with Hudl.
- Designing and building database schemas to support point-and-click analytics and visualizations in Looker for our employees to use.
- Crunching numbers to guide product development of features that will drive engagement and pull more users into the Hudl platform.
- You are a managing data analyst--a technical, hands-on leader who excels at your craft while leading and mentoring other analysts
- You have exceptional analytical skills and have worked on enterprise-level projects
- You love data and believe that data is a strategic asset that helps drive a company’s success
- You enjoy partnering with business areas to make highly impactful decisions using data
- You champion stakeholder needs and have an intuitive grasp of business problems
- Recruit, train, and develop data analysts. Inspire team members to hit short term targets and lead them in planning for long term career growth.
- Plan and manage analytic projects. You will help our team prioritize and manage tasks and communication for large scale projects across multiple teams
- Apply statistical analysis and/or machine learning to test hypotheses and solve business problems
- Partner with business areas across the enterprise to define performance measures, deliver actionable insights, and enable high-quality, data-driven decisions
- Build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Support our data strategy by empowering users to leverage data through training, documentation, and self-service
- Work with the Sr Data Analytics Manager to build a world-class analytics organization by maturing team skills, processes, tooling, and mindsets around analytics.
- 5+ years of experience querying and organizing large, complex databases
- 3+ years of experience managing and mentoring data analysts
- Business savvy, experience working with decision makers to understand business problems, design metrics, and test hypotheses
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to merge datasets from multiple sources and apply business logic for use in reporting and analytics
- Programming experience with Python or R
- Ability to develop visualizations that demonstrate clear business outcomes using tools such Looker or Tableau
- Knowledge and experience using statistical techniques and analyzing data for trends and forecasts.
- Experience transforming statistical results into actionable business insights
- Experience working with data engineers, database administrators, and/or SQL developers
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.