Hudl is changing the future of sports technology, our mission is to capture and bring value to every moment in sports.
We build video analytics platforms and hardware products for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software provides six million coaches and athletes the insights they need to win. To help our users, we need an automation focused QA Engineer, who will work with a small cross-functional team (PM, Engineer, Designer) to build a quality product.
We are using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focuses on the Gherkin language and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA Engineers test like our users, write automation, analyse root causes, know the difference between testing and quality and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing to achieve higher quality outcomes.
We work in a Tribes and Squads model and follow Scrum. You would be working in the Analysis tribe and they focus on the usability and value our users get from our products. Working to improve the content they have access to, making their workflows more efficient, improving the flow of data through our products and helping to access tactical insights during a game.
As the world’s best sports teams start a match, your work will have impacted their preparation, change how they make in-game decisions and help them assess their post-match performance.
Our environment here at Hudl is tech/product orientated first and foremost. We have a culture that places an importance on autonomy and creating a relaxed ‘nice’ place to work.
- Technical. You have experience implementing service and UI level automation
- Naturally Curious. You discover edge scenarios and are constantly digging in to learn more about features and use cases.
- Constantly Learning. You are passionate about learning and are hungry for new ideas.
- User-Focused. You think critically about the user experience and adapt your testing to user workflows.
- Quality Focused. You promote and maintain a high standard of quality beyond testing.
- Risk Aware. You can evaluate risk and design a testing approach to mitigate risk to ensure adequate coverage.
- Leadership. Able to promote best practice across the squad.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, following Scrum methodology.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create testing approach and plans.
- Analyse. You will analyse the root cause of issues and recommend corrective action to address it.
- Automate. You will use your skills to determine what to automate and design service and UI layer automation to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, analyse trends and deploy code on a frequent basis.
- We Will Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited holiday when and how you want and enjoy our flexible work culture.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
- Delight You. We get great perks, like tickets to see our customers and funding that you can spend on your own development.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer and we know the power of a diverse lineup that celebrates differences and champions inclusion.