Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Hudl needs an experienced Industrial Designer to oversee the physical design of our hardware products. You will collaborate closely with engineers, UI designers, product managers and manufacturing experts from the initial research phase all the way through mass production. You’ll sketch new concepts, develop designs, and refine each iteration with quality and customer needs in mind.
- Are passionate about understanding of organized, competitive team sports.
- Have 3-7+ years practicing consumer product design with a relevant college degree.
- Are Proficient with both 3D/2D modeling and rendering software (e.g. Fusion 360, Solidworks, etc.)
- Can quickly communicate visually with rough sketches, scale models, and prototypes.
- Are able to translate ideas and sketches into 3D prints for testing.
- Have experience working with consumer electronics.
- Define and specify color, materials and finish for prototypes and production devices.
- Value and practice reusable component architecture and packaging.
- Understand manufacturing methods, processes and the constraints they impose.
- Feel at home in a machine shop—rapidly producing prototypes to test feasibility, strength, etc.
- Are able to travel to visit customer installation sites and manufacturers in the USA and abroad (<20%).
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices, and lunch once a week in our Boston and London offices.
How you’ll succeed:
By combining intense collaboration with peers and direct, regular exposure to customers.
- Engineers - How will you combine and reinforce form and function? Will you get your hands dirty? How well can you quickly craft a real prototype to prove or disprove an abstract concept?
- Marketing & Branding - How does your work communicate and sell? How does it cohere with the broader design language and systems at Hudl?
- User Interface & Service Design - How will users interact with, schedule, and consume the content your devices create?
- Product Managers - How do our physical components fit into the broader product and company vision? How do you communicate concerns or opportunities with budget and timeline?
- Hardware Operations - How will our work be produced at scale in a cost effective way? How do we hand off the manufacturing of our work efficiently?
- Customers - How might you help them with their explicit and implicit (latent) needs?
We have offices all over the world, but we are proudly headquartered in Lincoln, NE. We’re looking to adding to our teams in Lincoln and Omaha with relocation assistance available on an as-needed basis.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.