We’re looking for a strategic, growth-focused product marketer with channel marketing experience to lead our efforts as we accelerate growth in our in-direct channels. Priority one is expanding our presence within the accounting community. As the trusted advisor to small business owners, accounting firms need modern tools that empower their teams to provide accurate, compliant, and human-centered advice to business clients. Working cross functionally with senior product team leadership as well as our sales and customer experience teams, you’ll ensure customer needs directly influence product strategy.
Next, you’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class affiliate and integrations ecosystem by leading cross-functional marketing campaigns through strategy, planning, and execution. You’ll build a team of high performing product marketing and partner marketing managers as we scale our indirect sales channels, exploring and opening up market opportunities beyond accountants.
You’ll combine product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, and positioning to define how we bring new and existing product offerings to the accounting community and the 5.5 million small businesses they support. Partnering with subject matter experts on a wide variety of teams across the company (accountant community, sales, customer experience, product, content marketing, and brand) and externally, you’ll identify, prioritize, and accelerate the growth of our indirect channels. You’ll use data to demonstrate the success of your work.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set strategy by understanding customer needs through market analysis, surveys, interviews, and product usage data
- Develop positioning and messaging that inspires customers and drives action
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop sales and partner enablement materials; co-own the numbers
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Create and execute go-to-market campaigns to drive growth in collaboration with the brand studio, acquisition, and growth teams
- Manage our partner program incentive system and promotions, in partnership with our finance team
- Work with our business development, community, and content teams to establish, develop, and optimize co-marketing campaigns with accounting partners
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Someone with 8 years of work experience, 5+ in product marketing
- Experience with partner marketing and/or enabling an indirect sales channel
- Someone with experience building and empowering a high performance team
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Experience with loyalty programs a plus.
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.