Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our Beneficiary Experience engineering team. We are searching for a talented software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
- You’ll collaborate with a team of engineers and product management to design, develop and test features and improvements to GoFundMe
- You’ll work across the backend building services that support the frontend team in providing a seamless payout experience to our users.
- You'll be responsible for the entire product development lifecycle which including architectural design, development, deployment, documentation and maintenance of new and existing features
- You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- You’ll contribute to the growth of the beneficiary experience team by looking for opportunities to improve efficiency, processes and productivity
- You’ll participate in on-call rotations to assist in troubleshooting urgent engineering issues.
- You’ll recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
- You’ll provide mentorship to junior developers through chat and pair programming.
- You’ll advocate for improvements to the codebase, and provide leadership to others within your team.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing REST or GraphQL APIs using any standard framework.
- Experience working with backend programming languages (e.g., Java, Kotlin, Python, PHP).
- Professional experience with relational databases design.
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with Kubernetes, DevSpace, AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with async processing. We use SQS/SNS, Kafka
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: