All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
This position will be a direct report to the VP, Finance Delivery Lead in the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) at Global Atlantic Financial Group. The EPMO is focused on the design and implementation of integrated solutions to enable efficiencies and effectiveness; supports the strategic planning, budgeting and governance of business transformation initiatives and facilitates coordination across functional and organizational boundaries; collaborates with stakeholders to assess business process efficiency, operational performance and environmental factors to identify improvement opportunities; manages and coordinates resources to support program and project management, business analysis and provides oversight of project execution; and serves as GA’s center of excellence in the execution of large scale business transformation initiatives
As a member of the EPMO team, Institutional Program Manager partners with Technology and other key stakeholders to lead the Institutional function within Finance for Global Atlantic. This role oversees and directs the strategy for the planning, and execution of the Institutional projects focused on transformational engagements for our business. You will work closely with project teams (including product owners, technology solution architects sourcing consultants and industry SMEs) and key stakeholders to understand customer and user needs, resolve conflicts and remove barriers, and ensure deliverables are on-time and meet quality standards. This role will typically interface with a diverse mix of internal and vendor stakeholders, all working towards the goal of delivering a project on-time and at or under budget.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial and consultant outlook, has a systems thinking mindset, the ability to simplify the complex and act upon it, who is comfortable working in a dynamic team environment, and who will embrace the opportunity to connect cross functionally with other ahead, program/portfolio management experience, and possess excellent business partnering, negotiation and networking skills.
- Accountable for the overall application of the Institutional Program in terms of strategic value, architectural fit and business alignment.
- Oversee and ensure projects are on time and on budget that require multiple layers of service providers and internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders, Technology partners, Strategic Sourcing, and other key teams across organization
- Drive and Lead vendor selection process (including RFPs and Pricing) and manage against deliverables (including SOWs, change management, approval of deliverables).
- Prioritize and report on project portfolio technology updates and value capture plan with internal stakeholders for EPMO Monthly Governance reviews
- Translate the business strategy, needs & requirements into clear direction for the project teams
- Drive and execute multiple projects at a time based on demand of EPMO projects
- Drive and execute in the definition of project scope and goals, including project and staffing estimation
- Define and create project approach, including project plans, targets, milestones, and dependencies in Workfront/ PPMS tool
- Coordinate and manage Technology related annual discretionary planning and quarterly financial planning with Business Finance Officer and technology governance team
- Serve as the product owner in Agile / SCRUM development process; write user stories, groom the backlog, and lead sprint planning
- Track project/engagement dependencies, milestones, and deliverables to ensure successful project implementation and deployment by closely working with Technology governance team.
- Lead stakeholder communications across all project work threads. Ensure appropriate communications regarding issues and risks to foster project success and long-term stakeholder relationship.
- Serves as internal escalation point person on projects and ability to successfully resolve problems and issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert and lead sponsor for designated program and projects and provide meaningful updates to business in laymen’s terms.
- Budget and expense reporting as it pertains to the project portfolio by closely working with Business finance officer and technology governance team.
- Champion continuous core business capability improvement through timely adoption of innovative technologies, procedures, and processes
- 15+ years relevant Project/Program Management experience in the technology-oriented organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or related field
- Working knowledge of data management principles (e.g., data governance, data transformation, quality, mapping, etc.)
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards
- Familiarity with actuarial model development/execution
- Understanding of financial statement constructs (e.g., balance sheet, income statement, disclosures, etc.)
- Familiarity with finance systems infrastructure (i.e., data warehousing, Peoplesoft G/L, Hyperion, Worktiva, Clearwater Analytics, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree also preferred
- Proven leadership experience, including direct and influence leadership of diverse teams across a highly matrixed organization
- Passion and drive for continuous improvement, transformational change, with a business owner mentality
- Ability to design, develop, and communicate accounting and finance related deliverables (resource plans, budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, etc.)
- Demonstrated and proven track record of successful project implementations on various sizes of projects
- Strong Vendor Relationship Management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes and gain team member and stakeholder buy-in
- Cultural awareness with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Critical thinker and highly analytical with ability to solve complex problems that include the application of both good business sense and common sense
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to interpret data and synthesize complex issues to identify best solutions.
- Builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Proven Experience with project management tools and techniques, such as EPMO tools
- Advanced skills in business management tools including: Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and Access.
- Advanced degree
- Insurance | Financial Services experience.
- Experience managing large, complex programs
- Experience working and leading in an Agile Delivery Mode
- PMP certification preferred
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the below links to learn more about Global Atlantic.