About G2 - The Company
G2 is where you go for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK values—high performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate each other's successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top, while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.
As we foster our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
G2 is excited to offer a remote work environment for our employees, unless otherwise stated in the job description. If you are interested and eligible to partake in a hybrid office plan, please ask your recruiter for more information.
About The Role
At G2, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to manage our cloud solutions, working with our tech teams with a strong emphasis on distributed systems, software development, security and networking systems. This role will be critical in setting up how we deliver and manage solutions in our cloud environments to deliver incredible value to software buyers and sellers.
Our highly-collaborative Platform team combines creativity, curiosity, and passion to solve business problems and to continuously get better at our craft.
If you wish to join a team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow, please apply so we can start our conversation today!
- Architect infrastructure modules to enable product development teams to reach new levels of automation and delivery.
- Guide the direction of cloud infrastructure and train others on the tools that are available.
- Grow, maintain, and optimize our production, staging and test infrastructure-as-code in Terraform and hosted on AWS.
- Work with our Information Security team to implement various controls, resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities, and develop a proactive security monitoring and mitigation strategy.
- Optimize our Continuous Deployment workflows to improve cycle time efficiency.
- Improve upon the logging and monitoring systems for capacity, alerting and performance.
- Build out our data infrastructure and support our data engineering initiatives.
- Ensure local development is frictionless to provide a satisfying developer experience.
- Contribute to building a culture of infrastructure-as-code and self-help tooling.
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud/DevOps Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS and scaling, securing and monitoring cloud systems.
- 4+ years of experience with Terraform as Infrastructure-as-Code written in a modular, version controlled and reusable fashion.
- Strong skills with git, git branching and git workflows.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience with multi-tier distributed systems involving load balancers, caching layers, real-time event processing, and software-defined networking.
- Demonstrated learning in software development skills.
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and capability to work creatively with a team.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Strong time management skills.
What Will Set You Apart
Statistics show that many underrepresented groups including women will not apply if they don't meet all requirements in the job description. To increase clarity for all applicants, while the items listed under requirements are firm, the items listed below are truly only a bonus. We ask that you set aside your concerns and to apply regardless of how many of these you fulfill.
Our tech stack consists of Python, Lambda, AWS, Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Heroku.
- Experience managing and automating AWS deployments.
- Experience with Docker or containerization technology.
- Experience in building dashboards and aggregating metrics.
- Experience with security requirements required in cloud environment.
- Elasticsearch and Kafka are nice to have.
- Prior pairing or mentoring experience.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.