G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has over 1 million reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
At G2 we make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with a strong emphasis on good code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
- Hire new engineers and support an inclusive process, lean in as coach and mentor
- Empower engineers through weekly one on one feedback conversations that help with continuous learning and level setting
- Create an efficient and effective team focused on delivering consistent value while ensuring the story throughput is in line with expected goals
- Help features move along while keeping a pulse on the quality of our code design through pull request reviews and connecting people to work on stories
- Manage dependencies between teams with creativity and transparency that need to be met in order to achieve a business goal of stories
- Celebrate the success of the team and connect each engineer to the value they are providing to the company and those around them
- Coordinate training opportunities with budget in mind that will further accelerate the growth of the team in areas of need
- Attend and facilitate agile ceremonies such as scrum, retrospective, grooming and planning to promote good process and help the team focus on the delivery of value
- 8+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- Demonstrated learning in web software development skills
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team
- 1+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2.
- Strong time management skills.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Setup career growth and development leveling and competencies
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.