G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About The Role
G2 is seeking an inquisitive Lead Data Analyst to help grow our Marketplace by creating a better understanding of our software buyers, reviewers and sellers. Working within our Product R&D team, Lead Data Analysts are tasked with building dashboards, reports and tools which create meaningful content for buyers, vendors, and G2 teammates. This person will achieve results by applying their unique data wrangling skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Provides descriptive and diagnostic analysis on complex or broad reaching projects to inform product decision-making, evaluate performance and make tactical and strategic recommendations
- Guides and coaches team on ad hoc project based work which includes using analytic tools and techniques to produce insight from data
- Discuss analysis with internal and external audiences and act as the subject matter expert helping stakeholders unlock a competitive advantage with G2’s data
- Enables users with analytics dashboards - using data visualisation best practices to set context and spur action
- Ensures all reporting metrics are clearly defined and easily accessible for business users
- Assists product managers in setting and monitoring goals
- Proactively identify projects by asking questions and developing hypotheses based on a strong understanding of the business and industry
- Leads team discussions and collaborates with technical and non-technical team members, partners and customers to solve data-driven business problems
- Provides strategic guidance and coaching to team members, helping them understand complex datasets/models/business requirements
- 5+ years experience in data analysis roles - preferably with experience in User Generated Content (UGC) or in the software industry Subject matter expert in multiple business areas including survey analysis, e-commerce or account-based marketing
- Has a deep understanding of data architectures and how they are applied in context, sharing best practices across the organization
- Opinionated about how data should be built and queried, based on your experience getting things done
- Strong communication skills particularly in using data to illustrate and support conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in working with Postgres and SQL databases & at least one statistical programming languages (R/Python)
- Clear passion about G2 portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry
- Experience working in a fast-paced, SaaS environment
- Highly-organized individual with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communication
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.