G2.com is revolutionising the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has one million+ reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
We are looking for a People Operations Manager & HR Business Partner to join our team in Chicago. This role reports to the Head of Employee Success and will work closely with other Employee Success team members. You will serve as the subject matter expert in employee relations and benefits, and also serve as a business partner to one of our functional teams. This is planned to be a managerial role with one direct report in people operations.
- Develop, implement and administer all human resources policies and procedures for all global company personnel, continuously monitoring federal and state updates in employment law and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations on a daily basis
- Advise department head and managers in all matters of talent management and workforce planning
- Partners with management and serves as lead for all internal employee relations issues including but not limited to involuntarily terminations, employee complaints, performance improvement plans, conflict resolution, investigations, and reductions in force; Manage employee termination procedure to ensure terminations are processed fairly and consistently across the organization, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations
- Manage annual benefits renewal for all G2 offices, make recommendations on benefits to add/change in order to remain competitive in the marketplace; Serve as POC for all global employees’ benefits, payroll, and policy questions; Process monthly Singapore and London international payroll
- Manage all employee leave of absence including Parental Leave, STD, LTD, FMLA, California leave, etc.
- Run programs in conjunction with other members of the Employee Success team
- Become familiar with international employment law and practices
- Manage all expatriate assignments, visa renewals, and immigration for all global employees
- Typically 5+ years of experience or equivalent as an HR generalist / Business Partner working closely with managers and C-Suite
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite or Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work hard and grow professionally. We strive to create meaning in our work by building our PEAK culture around our values of Performance, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Authenticity and Kindness. We aim to provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow by doing challenging, innovative work and be inspired to succeed by conscious leaders and a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day while being challenged to grow professionally while supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
Our Process: We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.