G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy, and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has over 1 million reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders, and founders
About the Role
G2 is in need of a Research Editor who will be responsible for helping to edit all content for the Market Research teams for external contributions. The Research team is producing current, thought-leading industry content that is disrupting the usual B2B software and services buying experience. The editor will be a key component to the success of this content by ensuring we have a unified style and a professional quality level. Primary responsibilities will include copy editing blogs, reports, and site content; inputting blogs into HubSpot; and working with related teams to schedule and maintain the editorial calendar. This individual should have experience copy editing for a publication or in a research setting, and be comfortable quickly learning a wide range of operational procedures.
- Copy editing content and research for the G2 Research team, freelance writers, and others within the company. Content types include but are not limited to, blogs, research reports, and newsletters.
- Laying outposts in HubSpot and managing the content for research team blogs.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with Research team members to develop blog topic ideas.
- Helping to organize and manage the Research team's editorial calendar.
- Managing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Required 1 - 2 years of relevant experience.
- Eager to contribute and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to multitask and handle matters with little or no supervision.
- Flexibility with changing job processes that come with a fast-growing company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience copy editing for a publication or website. Both AP and CMOS style guide knowledge is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a research or technology-based setting a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, writing, or a related field a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices a plus.
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work hard and grow professionally. We strive to create meaning in our work by building our PEAK culture around our values of Performance, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Authenticity and Kindness. We aim to provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow by doing challenging, innovative work and be inspired to succeed by conscious leaders and a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day while being challenged to grow professionally while supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.