FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Operations
Location: Canada, Remote
Department: Data & Analytics
The Business Operations department is a critical component within the Data Org and works closely with Analytics and Engineering - ensuring the availability of the data and insight needed by the organization to drive the business. The Analyst will build and maintain reports, dashboards and also make continuous improvements to our analytics infrastructure. Using our BI platform they will optimize how the data and insights are accessed and presented - enabling the business through self-serve insights. Within the role there will be many opportunities to learn and grow - including building proficiency in industry leading tools and services such as Looker, and Google BigQuery. The right person for this role will have strong problem solving skills and be able to show others how to successfully find insights. With data reporting and analytics processes as your primary focus, you will be collaborating with other analysts, engineers, project managers, and stakeholders to enhance the experience of analytics at FreshBooks.
What you'll do:
- Maintain reporting in our business intelligence platform
- Build and optimize dashboards and reports for the senior leaders/executive team
- Add documentation for new and existing data points
- Collaborate with data analysts and engineers to identify potential changes in data definitions
- Handle changes to large collections of dashboards using available tools
- Assist in data definition change management by staging versions of live dashboards with updated definitions for impact analysis
- Create interactive queries and dashboards for self-service insight
- Work with data analysts to maintain embedded reporting in various web applications (Slack, Google Sites, Jupyter Notebooks, etc)
- Assist with training for analytics tools and processes
What you have:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & using Common Table Expressions
- 1-3 years in data analytics and/or business intelligence
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Looker, Periscope, Tableau
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Comfortable picking up new tools, bonus for experience with APIs
- Exceptional communication skills
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.