FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Data Analyst, Digital Acquisition
The Analyst will enable FreshBooks to derive insights from website, event, campaign and customer interaction data to improve the volume and quality of trial customers. Most of our customers start their experience on our website, and we need to understand how they found us, and optimize that journey.
The right person for the job will love to solve a problem and have a knack for translating data into insight and presenting that information to stakeholders. You will be collaborating with managers and a team that includes other analysts, data scientists, marketers, financial analysts, and developers all working together to drive growth at FreshBooks.
What you'll do:
- Complete regular ad-hoc analyses by translating raw data into useable information and insights:
- A/B testing for campaign treatments
- Content / Webpage reviews and analyses
- Changes in usage behaviors (organically and due to marketing)
- Profiling and trending of customer segments
- Cohort based investigations tied to performance gains and losses
- Channel level reporting on trends in acquisition performance
- Performance evaluations of various trial customer segments
- Consult with internal clients to gather requirements, scope & execute:
- Dashboards for core performance metrics / KPI’s
- Complex, long-term analyses on visitor trends and performance impacts
- Communicate results and recommended analyses / approaches to stakeholders
- Assist with forecasting, finance and strategic planning
What you'll need:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years in data analytics, business intelligence or finance related roles
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Data Studio and / or a similar web analytics tools
- Experience in forecasting and results projections
- Excellent Excel, Sheets or related tools for ad-hoc analysis assembly
- Experience using a dashboarding tool such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker etc
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
- Experience in calculating and tracking website and acquisition KPI’s
- CAC, CAC payback, CPT, CPA, Conversion %
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.