FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: reshaping the world for small business owners and their teams. Known for extraordinary customer experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Senior UX Researcher
At FreshBooks, we put the customer above all else. As we scale, we are looking for a leader to evolve the FreshBooks research practice and coach teams so that they are confident in their research activities and output. You will be our first dedicated research hire!
UX research is embedded within product teams who incorporate customer insights throughout the agile development process. We use research to inform business priorities, frame problems, generate insight, evaluate prototypes, and learn from launches in market.
What you’ll do:
Initially, the role will involve hands-on research activities to understand projects, teams and context, and then will shift to evolving our research practice. You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams that include product management, design, development and data analytics to:
- Participate in kickoffs, ideation and design critiques to give feedback on research plans and interpretation of research
- Coach teams on research methods, recruitment strategies and synthesis
- Share research findings and insights across FreshBooks
- Align the team on a shared purpose, goals and principles of research
- Support execution of research, recruitment and synthesis activities
- Propose strategic research, methods and tools we are not thinking about yet
- Guide the development of a repository of research findings for consistency and efficiency
- Plan and implement new research processes
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in research in a product company or service design context
- Advanced degree in psychology, human computer interaction or related field
- Hands-on experience conducting research end-to-end, including: developing research plans to answer business questions, recruiting participants, interviewing, observation, remote testing, synthesis of results, and presentation of findings
- A deep understanding of a range of qualitative and lean research methods
- Ability to use quantitative data analysis in concert with qualitative research
- Creativity and pragmatism to apply the right method for the job
- Superb communication skills: active listening, expressing yourself clearly in writing and in person, and facilitating with ease
What you might bring:
- A technical background or solid understanding of software development
- Coaching or management experience
- Experience leading operational and process change
What we can promise you:
- We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team, just talking to customers
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to grow a research culture at a world-class consumer software company
- An opportunity to contribute to a Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without the ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Don’t have all of the above qualifications but feel this is the career opportunity for you? We encourage you to apply! We believe that talent can come from any background, and would not want you to miss out on a great opportunity.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.