Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
As part of your day-to-day, you will be communicating and demonstrating the value of our solutions and owning all technical aspects of the sales cycle. You will work collaboratively with a high-performing sales team to uncover customer needs, priorities, and develop value-based use-cases and account engagement strategies. You will leverage your technical and business skills and work in conjunction with Sales, Customer Success, R&D, and Product Management as a key business advisor and product advocate for our solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Present our solutions in a clear manner to both technical and business audiences
- Work with Sales Directors, meet with clients, and deliver technical insights for business questions regarding the sales process
- Help remove barriers with potential prospects by clearly articulating Forter’s integration, technology and projects scoping with a relentless drive for quality
- Define and present solutions architecture based on the customer needs
- Prepare and deliver solution messaging in an effort to highlight Forter's value proposition and unique differentiators
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a pre-sales engineering role
- An identity specialist, with a solid understanding of the payments or e-commerce (checkout) industry
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to build strong relationships with business partners
- Proven analytical and problem-solving expertise
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior-level business and technical audiences
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Work from home allowance
- Annual company-wide event - Forter Week
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.