Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
Forter is looking for an experienced backend engineer with an ownership mentality and a passion for building scalable and resilient systems to lead our chargeback coverage & resolution service, one of our market-differentiating products.
Our Foundations Team lays the groundwork for a variety of Forter's products, both internal as well as customer-facing while making sure that their underlying infrastructure is highly performant and scalable. Our engineers are very versatile, resourceful, and independent. We don’t have dedicated “Production,” Ops, or QA teams, but rather everyone does a bit of everything and each individual has a big impact on Forter's products.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the engineering efforts surrounding one of Forter’s market differentiating products
- Build a great customer experience for your products’ users
- Design, build, and maintain services and systems used by our customers and internal teams.
- Lead, hands-on, complex development efforts while working closely with teammates and other individual contributors at Forter
- Work with a variety of programming languages and platforms
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving various stakeholders (product, analytics, engineering, and more) within the company by planning, brainstorming, and sharing feedback.
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience writing and maintaining complex backend systems using a modern programming language, preferably Node.js/Typescript based.
- Passion and past experience overseeing a product’s entire lifecycle.
- Experience designing and working with large scale distributed system
- Significant experience with various data stores and pipelines such as Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL
- Strive to uphold top-notch software engineering practices such as high-quality code, thorough testing, clear & comprehensive documentation, detailed monitoring, etc.
- Ability to learn new software languages and platforms quickly
- Experience with AWS or other public clouds
- Responsibility and sense of urgency
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A can-do approach and a positive attitude!
- Professional English proficiency
Projects you could work on:
We have a ton of important work to do, which is why we’re hiring! Our projects are of course changing all the time, but here are a few that we’ve either done in the past or are planning for the near future, so you can get an idea of the types of work we do.
- Build and maintain a highly scalable, performance-oriented system responsible for handling tens of thousands of chargeback requests daily, originating from various input sources and reported at changing rates
- Design and implement a solution for automatically disputing chargeback requests, a feature that by itself alone is responsible for generating millions of dollars in revenue.
- Create a robust applicative infrastructure responsible to receive, process, and respond to data in batch files at production-grade stability and quality
- Take part in a cross-team effort to migrate our system to cloud-agnostic technologies (e.g. K8S, Kafka, etc.) with no downtime
We'd love it if you have:
- Extensive Python experience
- Frontend / React experience
- Experience with Azure public cloud
- Experience with K8S or other container management platforms
- Previous experience working with B2B products and customers
- Experience from other eCommerce companies
If you’re interested in building systems from the ground up, if you agree that building a great product starts with understanding your customers’ needs - send us your CV, we’ll take it from there :)
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.