Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
We processed eCommerce transactions worth over $200B$ in 2020, and decided on billions of critical decisions. We have thousands of our customers’ employees (B2B) using our products on a day to day basis, to improve their consumers’ experience and learn about relevant trends in their business.
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Director of Product Engineering to lead our product teams and solution integration teams, reporting to the VP of Engineering. If this kind of working environment sounds exciting to you, if you understand that Engineering is about building the most effective and elegant solution within a given set of constraints - consider applying for this position. But hold on, you best check the position requirements below first :)
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver. Forter Engineering is the engine that propels the business. Our goal is to support the company’s hyper-growth while defaulting to “Yes”. It’s not about saying yes all the time, but rather have a seat at the table and offer clear tradeoffs and suggestions to make good business decisions.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Forter.
- Recruit great engineers and engineering managers, in collaboration with the recruiting team
- Develop Staff and Principal engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Forter’s engineering management team
- Work closely with our Product, Analytics, Ops, Marketing, and Sales teams to build products our customers would love to use on a daily basis. Serve as focal point with regards to high level scoping and design of cross-team/group initiatives.
- Work closely with our engineering teams and product team to help to prioritize initiatives that would increase the effectiveness of our Customer Success, Finance, and Ops teams.
- Lead the project management of huge projects (>10-20 people) that require complex coordination with other groups and teams at Forter
What you'll need:
- Managed managers for 4+ years
- Experience growing teams of 25+ engineers
- Experience in building large scale B2B SaaS products, in a full-stack manner, from front end to infrastructure
- Extensive experience and a genuine passion for building and running cutting-edge product engineering teams
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Successfully led a project with more than 10 engineers, from multiple teams
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- 8+ years developing complex software projects
- Extensive experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production
- Excellent presentation skills - can talk and explain at the right level of abstraction to different audiences
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Hebrew - a big plus.
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- You are confident representing your agenda and opinions in a business full of engaged, passionate people
- You designed and launched products - side projects or massive B2B/B2C products
We believe that head-count is a vanity metric (i.e. more doesn’t necessarily mean better), and that people matter! This is why we prefer smaller teams of talented and cohesive teams over “just give us some more working hands”.
We believe that the metric we should optimize for is increasing the IQ and EQ of our team over time, by building an organization that will draw such people to us. We care immensely about how the team works together, and we’re not shy from hard conversations. When you try to make an impact, friction (of opinions, or business constraints) is something you need to deal with.
We don’t have QA, we don’t have Architects (“CTO team”), we don’t have a NOC or SOC team. We look at our team as part of the system that we build, so we optimize the process and tools to fit our team. Most of our team has a generalist-mindset, but our system is vast and we have people developing expertise in areas they are passionate about.
We are big believers in having Skin in the game as a way of setting the alignment of incentives to build things right, and picking boring technology as we respect the complexity of our system and business.
You should join to help us build a better version of Forter, rather than a smaller version of a large company.
If you’re up for the challenge, please submit your CV!