Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer who's passionate about back-end development and problem-solving to take on an important role in our growing business.
Our Platform APIs and SDKs Team shapes Forter's ability to scale easily and responsibly while still launching new products on a regular basis. Some things you should know about our team:
- Our team is lean and efficient - we’re 5 team members and growing!
- Our engineering group includes 7 different teams.
- We deploy new versions to production at least 3 times a day
- Our APIs process over a hundred billion dollars annually
- Our SDKs protect billions of devices every year
- We currently develop 4 new products that our customers are very excited about
Our engineers are resourceful, creative, and independent. We take responsibility for the entire product lifecycle, from design to deployment. We are highly adaptable, working with a diverse stack of technologies, and always aspiring to create the best value for our clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop our public-facing API backend to support Forter's evolving product
- Help to create new and innovative tools that our high-profile customers and their developers will love using
- Lead, hands-on, complex development efforts while working closely with teammates and other individual contributors at Forter
- Work with a variety of programming languages and platforms
- Brainstorm features with product managers and your peers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase and past experience
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Provide software solutions to complicated challenges we face on a daily basis
- Take initiative - got a great idea that'll make our team's day-to-day better? Let's hear it!
What you'll need:
- Ability to learn new software languages and platforms quickly
- At least 5 years of experience writing and maintaining complex backend systems using a modern programming language
- Familiarity with browser, networking and security concepts
- Bonus: extensive networking/security knowledge
- Enthusiasm for providing technical solutions that bring immediate impact
- Responsibility and sense of urgency
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A can-do approach and a positive attitude!
- Professional English proficiency
We'd love to hear if you have:
- Extensive experience with either Node.JS or Python
- Frontend / React / Mobile experience
- Significant experience with databases/datastores (MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience from other eCommerce companies
- Superb English speaking and writing skills
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.