Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
We are looking for a talented and driven Business Development Representative that thrives in a dynamic sales cycle environment to join our growing NY-based team. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, and qualifying prospects.
What you'll do:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound proactive outreach; work autonomously to explore data resources (websites, databases, online research)
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Provide insight into an organization's structure, with ability to successfully identify the decision maker
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Team with channel partners to build a pipeline and close deals
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
What you'll need:
- 1-3 years of experience of sales development, preferably within the technology space
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related program
- Solid technical aptitude and genuine interest in tech and e-commerce solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, with the ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be effective in positioning a clear, concise and well-understood message
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.