Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Growth Optimization manager will aim to build a sophisticated testing infrastructure within Forbes’ Growth team. This is an exciting opportunity to ensure scientific testing becomes second-nature to the team. The manager will strategize and implement A/B and multivariate experiments that aim to drive Forbes’ subscription business forward. This person will be focused on increasing conversion rates, improving retention, and encouraging habitual experiences with Forbes that support important KPIs. This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with the Product team, as well as the Business Intelligence team and occasionally the Engineering team to drive experiments forward.
Candidates should be able to work seamlessly with growth marketers, copywriters, and designers to implement campaigns that drive growth for the consumer business. You are innovative, resourceful, think outside of the box, and have no problem jumping in to help get the job done.
The ideal candidate has experience with digital optimization and experiments, and an understanding of experimental design. Experience specifically with tools including Google Analytics, GTM, Looker are a must, and tools such as Unbounce, and Piano are a plus. They should also have experience in using nontraditional platforms to analyze tests as well as experience using tools like Optimizely and Google Optimize.
- Orchestrate and set up experiments on site that aim to move the subscriptions business forward
- Partner with acquisition and retention leads to conceive of new tests and implement strategies that move the needle on the consumer business, aiming to encourage new acquisition and retain existing subscribers
- Analyze performance of the subscriptions business and conceive of new tests that can maximize efficiencies and performance
- Execute and report on A/B and multivariate testing strategies and timelines for continuous improvement of conversion rates onsite
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to execute strategies and create testing roadmaps to improve conversion rates
- Understand the full funnel of a user so you can impact and execute testing strategies across every point in the user’s journey
- Regularly communicate and translate data-driven test results into actionable insights to senior management and other stakeholders, aligning the tests to our overall strategies and goals
- Ensure flawless setup and execution of tests within the testing tools—supporting all technical aspects of the growth optimization program
- Document and conduct consistent analysis and research to find ways to optimize customer journeys
- You are proficient in running and managing large scale A/B/MV testing, and the platforms associated with it
- 2-4+ years of website optimization, testing experience, website administration
- 2+ years of digital analytics experience
- Proven experience using qualitative and quantitative data to execute strategies and create testing roadmaps to improve onsite conversion rates
- Must have experience working with Google Analytics, Piano, Looker or other marketing analytics platforms
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex concepts and analysis in a clear succinct manner
- Be a self-starter
- Previous start-up or agency experience preferred
- Candidates must be able to speak to tests they’ve performed in past roles.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.