Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced associate branded content editor to join our growing commerce team. This role will be responsible for writing, assigning and editing Forbes Vetted paid/sponsored content, which currently consists of paid inclusions in product guides, roundups, reviews, newsletters and social campaigns (subject to change in the future). You will work closely with the business team (sales and account management) to brainstorm new offerings as well as plan and execute sponsored content packages. This role will also coordinate with the editorial team to ensure content is on-brand and aligns with the greater editorial strategy of Forbes Vetted. This role reports to the Branded Content Editor, Forbes Vetted.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
- Paid content planning and execution
- Working in partnership with the Vetted business development and editorial teams to create compelling sponsored content
- Recruiting and onboarding freelance writers
- Managing the sponsored content calendar in conjunction with the Forbes Vetted managing editor
- Participating in sales event content planning and assisting with coverage
- Planning the edit calendar with guidance from the deputy editor and senior strategy editor
- Assisting with social and newsletter paid content creation
- Partnering with the business intelligence team to analyze content performance and develop actionable insights to maximize content performance
- Tracking content performance against team and individual goals
- You will have the opportunity to contribute editorial stories to Forbes Vetted, time allowing
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives working cross-functionally with both internal and external partners
- Is a generalist able to cover categories such as home, fashion, wellness and tech (required)
- Has a strong understanding of affiliate / commerce content strategy (required)
- Has prior experience developing sponsored content strategy (required)
- Has prior experience editing product reviews (required)
- Has impeccable writing, editing and reporting skills (required)
- Is user-focused and understands editorial independence, but can deftly balance this with the needs of the business (required)
- Can quickly learn and adapt to new tools and processes (required)
- Has experience working within a collaborative editorial team (preferred)
- Is eager to innovate and experiment editorially to help grow the Forbes Vetted audience (required)
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.